A strong immune system is vital, especially during cold and flu season. Your immune system is your main line of defense against illnesses and infections. Unfortunately, many peoples’ systems don’t function as well as they should.
While there are several reported ways of improving your immunity, it is often difficult to separate fact from fiction. Here are a few simple do’s and don’ts for Better Health and Improved Immunity suggested by Ministry of AYUSH.
1. Drink warm water, tulsi tea and ginger tea (recipes given below).
2. Take a bath in warm water followed by an oil massage.
3. Apply Karpooradi thailam (neem oil) on exposed skin parts which work as an excellent mosquito repellant.
4. Instill medicated oil in each nostril.
5. Gargle every day with a pinch of salt and turmeric.
1. Consume cold foods, fruits and refrigerated water.
2. Drink excessive water after taking a meal.
3. Sleep immediately after a meal.
4. Apply collyrium after a head bath.
5. Consume excessive spicy foods.
Step 1 Boil water
For making this tulsi tea recipe, take a large utensil and put it up on high flame, add three cups of water in it.
Step 2 Add in the spices and herbs
Now, add basil leaves, chopped ginger, cardamom powder and let them boil for 10 minutes.
Step 3 Strain the tea and enjoy!
Turn off the gas knob, strain and serve with a dash of honey and lemon juice.
1. Put the ginger root slices directly in a mug.
2. Add the boiling water and allow it to steep for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Add honey to taste, if desired.